Wednesday, October 19, 2011

all smiles today

I went to our appointment today expecting the worst. In fact I had my dad come with me thinking it would be go time. That way Ryan would be able to get some work done this morning before we were sent off. But instead I was pleasantly surprised.
We found that our fluid levels had gone up and that baby girl had indead put on some more weight. WHAT A SHOCK!!! I could not believe it. And so therefore it was a fun day. Especially watching my dad in the ultrasound room. Watching her moving all over and him not having a clue as to what we were looking at. So he asked a lot of questions which made it even more fun and made it last much longer. Plus our tech had an intern with her and they asked if I minded if she took a look also. I would never pass up the chance to see her for longer.
So now we continue on and keep getting monitored. I go in again on Saturday for another NST and then on Tuesday we meet with the specialist to see what he is thinking. He had said that he wasn't going to let us go past 37 weeks. That means I could possibly be holding my baby girl in 3 and 1/2 weeks. I can't wait!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

until tomorrow.....

well we had our appointment this morning and things are still a waiting game. Our weekly Ultrasound/ AFI/ Placenta check followed by the Non Stress Test is every Wednesday and Saturday. So instead of trying to switch everything around to today we just left it as is.
While we are concerned about the fluid level our doctor here did say that he has seen much worse. And while we want to be cautious we are also doing the right thing by being monitored so closely already.
So tomorrow it is.... a day that I am praying/assuming will go just fine. :)

Monday, October 17, 2011

late update...

Oops... I guess I was so worried about remembering the Pregnancy and Infant Loss day that I forgot to update from my testing on Saturday.
I went by myself and was told that from now on that would be a big no-no. While baby girl is looking great they are not real impressed with my amniotic fluid levels still. I was told that the danger zone was anything less than 8 and I had dropped from a 9 to a 7.9. So they are more concerned. I was supposed to have a week off of doctors visits but got stuck on bedrest having to drink gallons upon gallons of water until Tuesday when my doctor will be in. So moving forward I cannot go by myself because it could be "anytime" and I'm not allowed to walk in or out of the hospital due to the contractions increasing.
While all of this is highly concerning I almost feel like the boy who cried wolf. I keep being told anytime.... anytime.... anytime. And then I make it another week with another issue that comes up.
I just hope that baby girl is ok. That is all that matters.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Times 3....


One wick for each of my angels..... I Love You!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Good Day!

I went in for another round of testing today. I got to have an ultrasound where they checked baby girl out and also looked over the amniotic fluid and something with the umbilical cord and placenta. I was a little shocked when the nurse told me that the notes on my chart showed my amniotic fluid was low. No one said anything to me!!! But I figured since I hadn't heard from the doctor yet they must not be too concerned.
Next she started taking lots of pictures and measurements. I love watching her moving all over the place! She definitely has a lot of fire in her and doesn't like to be poked and prodded. Everytime they try to do stuff with her she starts going crazy and it takes twice as long. Maybe it's God's way of letting me watch her longer. Anyways.... the nurse then told me that she was still measuring about a week behind but that her weight was up to around 3lbs 12 oz. WOW.... last week she was at 3lbs even. But it did show that it could be +/- 9oz. I'm going to ignore that I saw that and pretend that she put on almost a full pound in a week. :)
Still having lots of contractions but seems that things are holding steady for this week. I'll take it.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Disheartened.....


Just wanted to give another update from our appt this morning in grand rapids….

Things did not go as well as we would have liked. Big Shock hugh? Sorry for the negative attitude.

anyways..... We went in for our growth check and found that baby p. has dropped into the 5th percentile and is still measuring about 2 weeks behind. So the doctor is much more concerned. Our plan of action now is that I will go into the hospital 3 times a week for some Non-Stress Tests and also to check the umbilical cord and make sure that the blood flow is ok.

We were essentially told that we needed to go home and pack a bag and put/keep it in the car. Cause if the test shows any type of distress from here on out we will be sent right to grand rapids and they will take her out.

It was encouraging to hear that at this point we have a 95% chance of bringing baby home some time. Even if it isn't right away. But not knowing what will happen is a little disheartening. He also said that keeping her in too long would be tempting fate and that is when the possibility of her being stillborn or having lots of complications would come into play. I was also told that a c-section is a good possibility. Because he didn't know if she would be able to handle being born naturally. So still a lot of unknowns....

But we are trying to trust the One who gave her to us.

We still covet and appreciate all your prayers!