Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One year ago....

I can't believe how things have changed from last year until now. Just over a year ago I first felt Kamryn and Jackson moving. I could not believe it. I was only 14 weeks along but I know for sure that it was real.

Sick as a dog but grateful for every moment. Soaking in the realization that I was going to be a mom to 2 babies again and not sure what was going to happen.

To say that I dread the fact that we are almost in July is an understatement. Never will I be glad for that month. I received "independence" in a way that I never wanted. I lost Blake and James on July 2 and found out on July 12th that we had lost Jackson and Kamryn was in danger.

But here we are.... Beginning of June a year later. We have 3 angels that I would give anything to have here but 3 precious children enjoying life with us. I am so thankful for that. For all the fun that we have with them. For all the fun that will come in the years to come. (God willing!)

I still look back and can't believe the journey we have gone through to get where we are today. I know that we will be a stronger family because of it. But I still have my days where the sadness is too much to bear. And all I want it to have 3 more boys ramming around wrestling.

On those nights though..... I just sit and stare at what I do have. And my heart feels a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment