Monday, September 19, 2011

Negative

No- I am not talking about my attitude today. I am talking about a test that we had done. To see if I am at risk of going into labor within the next 2 weeks. Negative!!!
To say that I am happy would be an understatement. I had an appointment with our Dr in Holland today and he was great as always. We talked about what was going on and what our next steps were going to be. And he suggested that we do the test just to put all our minds at ease. So I laid low all day and then we headed to the hospital at 5:30. Got hooked up to all the machines and listened to baby girl for an hour and a half while we waited for the results. Such a sweet sound.
Our nurse remembered me from William's delivery 4+ years ago and she was so nice. She said that baby girl was moving around like a 36 week old and looked great which made me feel good. And even more confident that when she finally does make her appearance she is going to give us a run for our money. :) And I'll take it!
So what does this mean??? Well to my hubby it means he gets to go to Indiana on his hunting trip. To me it means peace of mind knowing I have some more time to fatten her up. And get things ready. And get off the couch/bed. Possibly even going in to work for a few hours here and there. I never thought I would be excited to go to work but laying around does get old!
Now if I can get that negative to last for about 10 weeks more that would be great. :)

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you!! Continued prayers that your fiesty little girl will continue to grow over the next weeks. And just maybe she will give you a run for your money!! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news. Keeping you in my prayers. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeeeha! so get eating and get that nugget chubbed up! :)

    ReplyDelete