Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Constant Reminders

Just when things are going well and life is sailing smoothly.... WHAM! A reminder of what happened. Our fertility clinic has to keep track of eery pregnancy outcome that happens at their facility. So we received a letter asking when our little ones arrived, weight, sex, etc.

So I called and left a message after hours hoping that the answers would be sufficient. Well I must have not been clear enough so got a call from one of the nurses for clarification. I explained a bit more and her response was "wow- you sure have been through a lot". Yup....we have. But thankfully the outcome this time left me with one open arm not two. And my heart has healed a little each day when I listen to the laughter by the three I have here.

I wonder how others out there respond when asked about their situations. When people ask you about your kids do you include the ones you lost? I do sometimes and other times don't when I can't handle the explainations. But then I feel so guilty. I know they are there. That I have 6 kids only though 3 are visible.

On a lighter side though - Kamryn has her first tooth finally. Only took 10 months to get it. She handled it like a champ. :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Kamryn! It must be difficult when people inquire. II think what you are doing is the only way to go. Speak about it when you can and protect yourself when you're not up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a constant struggle here too. When I say I have a little girl, my heart is broken for not saying I had twins... but then comes the awkwardness people feel when you say you lost the other etc... I too wonder what the best way is. I don't want sympathy or to make people feel bad for asking, but I don't want to leave out my little boy either...

    ReplyDelete