Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Good Day!

I went in for another round of testing today. I got to have an ultrasound where they checked baby girl out and also looked over the amniotic fluid and something with the umbilical cord and placenta. I was a little shocked when the nurse told me that the notes on my chart showed my amniotic fluid was low. No one said anything to me!!! But I figured since I hadn't heard from the doctor yet they must not be too concerned.
Next she started taking lots of pictures and measurements. I love watching her moving all over the place! She definitely has a lot of fire in her and doesn't like to be poked and prodded. Everytime they try to do stuff with her she starts going crazy and it takes twice as long. Maybe it's God's way of letting me watch her longer. Anyways.... the nurse then told me that she was still measuring about a week behind but that her weight was up to around 3lbs 12 oz. WOW.... last week she was at 3lbs even. But it did show that it could be +/- 9oz. I'm going to ignore that I saw that and pretend that she put on almost a full pound in a week. :)
Still having lots of contractions but seems that things are holding steady for this week. I'll take it.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day and it's wonderful that she is getting bigger. I have a friend who recently had her baby and they took him a little early because he was measuring small. He weighted a little over 4 pounds and was perfect.
    He is already over 10 pounds after 12 weeks. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so realieved to hear that your appt went so well! When is your due date again?

    ReplyDelete