Sunday, November 13, 2011

Birth Story.... Part 1

This could get long so bear with me. But it's also something I never want to forget.
We were scheduled to be induced on Wednesday November 9 due to the fact that my doctor was leaving to go out of town as of 3 pm on Thursday for a hunting trip. And wasn't going to be home until the 18th. And we did not want to wait that long for Kamryn to make her appearance.
So I went into the hospital at 7am to get prepped while Ryan brought the boys to school and daycare and then met me there. We got situated in our room and waited for the magic to happen. I was given a dose of Cytotek to help gets things started and was then hooked up to a machine for 4 hours to be monitored. Not much happened so I was given another dose 4 hours after that. Still not much progression. If you ask Ryan all he says that happened on Wednesday is that he was able to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner in front of me while watching tv. How nice of him since I was unable to eat a thing.
Finally that night our doctor came in to check things out. I was dialated to a 2 but still wasn't progressing very quickly. He was kind enough to allow me to eat something before the next dose which was great! Cause anyone who knows me knows that when I am hungry...... well i'm just not real pleasant to be around. :) So a quick dinner was INHALED and another dose given.
That caused quite a few contractions in the middle of the night for about 3 hours straight and then things settled down. I was so disappointed. I figured I would be holding out new addition by then. But she has proven that she likes things done in her own time. :)
We woke up thursday to the doctor coming to check me out. I was then around a 3-4 when he checked me but felt that something was in the way and was aprehensive about breaking my water. He thought maybe it was the other placenta or that baby girl maybe had her hand in the way but wasn't sure. Since he didnt want to end up in a c-section he decided to hold off for a bit, give another dose of cytotek, and then have his partner come in around 11 to break my water.
So at 11ish his partner came in to check me and I was only to a 4. At that point we didn't think Kamryn was ever going to come. She also felt something in the way but was able to push it aside and felt comfortable at that point to break my water.

2 comments:

  1. Kamryn certainly wasn't ready to come out! I have a friend who is doing everything she can think of to get her little girl to come early and she is not coming either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thankfully we know the end of the story but lookin forward to reading part two!

    ReplyDelete