Saturday, June 4, 2011

Broken....

So today we had an open house to go for my cousin in Schoolcraft. About an hour and 15 minutes away. The party started at 5 so I left work a little early to grab the boys and get them fed and ready for the drive.

Ryan finally got home and showered so we took off. We made the drive and pulled into the yard. Caden was super excited and jumped out of the car. The only problem was when he tried to shut his door it wouldnt close all the way. Cause his finger was stuck in it. I watched it happen and it was one of those moments where your heart jumps up into your throat cause you know that you can't do anything! My brain finally kicked into gear and I opened the door. And he looked down and saw his finger and freaked out. That is when the screaming began.

We gave him a few minutes to calm down and started walking towards the house to get some ice. But the screaming and crying continued. Luckily my Aunt's sister is a nurse so we had her take a look at it. After examining it she told us she thought it was broken and that we better get it checked out. My poor boy. I felt terrible and immediately started crying. If only there was a way to take the pain and hurt away from your kids and put it on you. I would have traded places in a heartbeat.

But there isnt so we left William with my sister and off to the hospital we went. After spending about and hour and a half there it was confirmed that he did in fact break his finger. So the splint went on and will stay there for about 4 weeks til we get it checked again.

Thankfully it hasn't really affected him to much and he is still as crazy as ever. I really am shocked that it took him almost 6 years to break something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment