Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

On a day such as this I am so surrounded by thoughts and emotions.

I was raised by a dad who wasn't always there. He was busy with work but still managed to give us the time to feel special. Growing up I did not want to be indoors but wanted to spend every minute outside with him. He taught me to hunt and fish and be a "tom boy". Athough as he and my mom like to say - "there is no book on correct parenting" I think that they did a pretty good job. Today I am very thankful for my Dad.

And my Father in Law. He is so great and has really made an impact in my life. He has raised an incredible son and has always been someone to look up to. Even though I didnt grow up with him I can see the love that he has for his family and how broken he gets when someone hurts. I am really blessed to have another great dad.

To wake up next to Ryan every morning..... What a Blessing!!! He is an incredible husband and father. The boys came racing into our room this morning (bright and early) and climbed up next to him and gave him the biggest hugs and said Happy Dad's Day. :)

And every Sunday he gets up with them and they do "Boy's Cinnamon Rolls". They sit downstairs in the kitchen and talk and bond while waiting for their breakfast. It is an awesome memory that he is building with the boys and I cant wait to add 2 more to the mix.


Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there and all those longing to be a Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment