Saturday, July 23, 2011

Addition

When we found out that we were having twins we decided that we needed to make a few changes. Time for a new car that would accomidate 4 car seats. Bunk beds so that we could move Will into Caden's room. Time to tear down the old garage and put up a new one that would fit that bigger car along with all of Ryan's tools and junk. And blow the back side of the house out to expand the kitchen to fit 2 high chairs and eventually a table for 6.

We were supposed to start a few weekends ago. But that was delayed due to the new circumstances. And has been a debate ever since. Do we we move on with the addition now that the need isnt as great or do we put it off for a while.

It is just one more reason that I love my husband. I woke up this morning to hear demolition had begun. It just shows me that no matter what we may "plan" most things are out of our control. But we also have to keep moving on now matter how hard it can be.

That isnt to say that moving on means forgetting. It just means the healing process has to be able to run it's course too. Am I saying that is starting??? For me -I don't think so. But I am so grateful for a husband who will allow me the time I need to grieve while also reminding me that we are able to celebrate too. Do I think that he has forgotten or is over it? Absolutely not. Each one of us has our own process that we work through.

I love my husband more than words can say. Some people let situations like these tear them apart but I am glad to see that we get closer with each trial we go through.

For those of you who have called or emailed or wanted to stop by.... I'm sorry I have not allowed that to happen. Know that I am so thankful for all your prayers and in time will be ready to talk.

2 comments:

  1. If it were me, I would put off the additions just so I can manage the new emotions that you must be dealing with...

    I'm glad that you and your hubby are able to be there for each other in just the way that you both need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people wouldn't be able to get out of bed with all that you have endured. Your strength is amazing and it makes sense that you aren't feeling social. I love your husband for being supportive and for being their for you. It says a lot about a marriage when you can get through all of this stronger and closer.

    ReplyDelete